high-resolution (24-bit/192kHz) Cirrus Logic CS4398 ,
USB will also handle (lower quality) MP3, AAC and WMA files, as well as being a direct input for Apple devices.
CD Player with a 1 year agent warranty, made in China !!!!
FREE DELIVERY IN SINGAPORE !!!!
Marantz CD6006 CD player
AWARDS & REVIEWS
Hi Fi News Highly Commended
- ‘There’s a sense of effortlessness here, even when playing loud’
Best European Stereo System 2016-2017
- “High quality stereo separates are this company’s mainstay, its 6000 series being first launched some six years ago. This latest iteration of amplifier and CD player sees both components share a tried-and-tested 192kHz/24-bit DAC, upstream from its custom HDAM audio stages, as used across the Marantz range. While the CD6006 now boasts specially selected components and a reworked circuit layout, the PM6006 gains an optical digital input and a beefier design better suited to driving a wider range of loudspeakers. If you’re seeking the high-end Marantz sound at a bargain price, this combination’s supremely polished, yet powerful performance won’t disappoint.”
What HIFI ? Reviews
The new CD6006 is a fine-tuned version with even more specially selected components and new layout circuit compared to its CD6005 predecessor, the What HiFi “Best CD player under £500”.
We also added more rigid feet to further eliminate vibration. The oversized power supply feeds the digital and analogue circuitry of the player, where the high-quality CS4398 DAC converts digital signals to analogue, this is then ‘pushed’ to the gold-plated synch outputs by Marantz’s own small signal amplifier, the HDAM-SA2. In addition, we have included a new remote that also controls the PM6006 amp.
Altogether, the CD6006 is a match made in heaven for the music lover who wants nothing but the best performance at an attractive price, and it is also perfect for lovers of portable music, thanks to its iPod-digital connectivity. One more thing: the CD6006 features a newly developed, complex headphone amplifier with headphone amp gain setting for a wider range of headphones.
Marantz CD6006 CD player at What Hi-Fi?
Marantz HDAM Technology
Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards to replace standard IC's. These HDAM's consists of discrete surface mount components with short mirror image L/R signal paths. Those devices are doing exactly the same thing as the Op-Amps, but outperform the regular IC Op-amps dramatically in terms of the Slew Rate and reduced noise level, resulting in a much more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound. Over the years Marantz developed different types of the HDAM to improve quality and to fit to the special requirements of a product category like CD or amplifier.
High Current Power Supply
The audio power supply employs high speed, high current Shottky Barrier Diodes and high current storage capacitors.
Reference Quality D/A Conversion
The CD6006 features high resolution D/A conversion and is equipped with the reference class CS4398 D/A converter, which provides up to 192 kHz/24 bit resolution for optimum fidelity with high resolution audio file types.
High slew rate op-amp + HDAM-SA2 headphone amplifier with headphone amp gain setting (Low/Mid/High)
The headphone amplifier section features our HDAM-SA2 circuit with three gain settings (Low/Mid/High) for a wider range of headphones.
Plays USB audio sources (MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV) / "Made for iPod/iPhone"
The CD6006 can play back MP3, WMA, WAV and AAC files from a connected USB storage device. It is also specifically "Made for iPod/iPhone", to directly play back your iDevice music through the CD Player's high quality D/A converters.
- CD Compatibility: CD / CD-R/RW / WMA / MP3 / AAC : YES
- CD-Text / ID3 Tag / WMA Meta Tag / AAC Meta data : YES
- iPod / iPhone compatible USB input : YES
- HDAM version : HDAM+HDAM SA2
- Power Transformer: EI : YES
- High Grade Audio Components : YES
- Customised Components : YES
- Symmetric circuit layout : YES
- Extra metal plate for chassis strengthing : YES
- Digital out off : YES
- Headphone: Buffer : YES (HDAM-SA2)
- Separated rectifier circuit for analogue and digital circuitry
- Display: Dimmer / Off : YES
- Program Play (CD / SA-CD) : 25
- Repeat : YES
- Random Play : YES
- Analogue Out (Cinch) : 2ch
- Digital Optical Out : 1
- Digital Coaxial : 1
- Gold Plated Cinch : YES
- USB Audio (Front) / Made for iPod / Made for iPhone : YES
- D-Bus : YES
- Headphone Out : YES
- Headphone Volume Control : YES
- Mechanism : CJDKT690
- D/A Conversion : Multi-bit, Delta-Sigma
- DAC IC : CS4398
- Digital Filter : CS4398
- Noise Shaper : CS4398
- Low Pass Filter stage : HDAM
- Output Buffer : HDAM SA2
- Headphone amp : HDAM-SA2+Buffer
- Frequency Response : 2 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range : 100 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio : 110 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion : 0.002 %
- Channel Separation : 98 dB
- Available colors : Black / Silver-Gold
- Metal Front Panel : YES
- Remote Control : RC003PMCD
- Power Consumption in W : 32
- Standby Consumption in W : 0.3
- Auto power off : YES
- Detachable Power Cable : YES
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H) in mm : 440 x 340 x 105
- Weight in kg : 6.5