This nice dark-red coloured balanced interconnect of superior quality was produced after 28 months of research. The result has been recognised worldwide by many very happy customers, both professionals and hi-fi lovers.
The two conductors are made of 19 strands each. Around each of the 2 centre conductors an extra Linear Structured Carbon ? (LSC) saturated layer is applied. This HYBRID construction much improves the signal transmission quality. The resistance of each internal conductor is 2.4 Ohm/100 meter. Total cross-section area per conductor is 0.70 mm?. The capacitance between the 2 internal conductors is 102 pF/meter. Both internal conductors are insulated with PE and are respectively coloured white and brown. The internal fibre filler is specially anti-humidity treated for improved stability over a long period of use. Around the 2 conductors and the filler a soft extra Mylar tape is wound. The shielding is constructed of 2 different layers effectively closing the cable against electrical interference.
The inner shield consists of a LSC saturated layer and the outer shield consists of a 144 x 0.08 mm. stranded braid. Also here the HYBRID character highly improves the quality of the signal transmission. The resistance of the shielding is: 0.9 Ohm/100 meter. To protect the cable against mechanical damage its jacket consists of highly rugged PUR. The external diameter is 7.0 mm.. The THUNDERLINE HYBRID?s sound quality is very smooth and extremely detailed with a very good bass reproduction.
- Cable Type: Screened twin core (Balanced)
- Conductor Material: HYBRID: High purity dense Silver coated high purity Matched Crystal OFC + Linear Structured Carbon ? saturated layer(s)
- Design Purpose/Application Area(s): Balanced interconnect; Audio signal transport / Hi-fi, professional and industrial
- Eff. Conductor ?/Eq. AWG No./Strands: Cores: 0.70 mm? / Cores: AWG 18.7 / Cores: 19; Screen: 144
- External Diameter/Dimensions: 7.0 mm
- Resistance 20 ?C / 68 ?F: Cores: 2.4 Ohm/100 m.; Screen: 0.9 Ohm/100 m
- Capacitance: Core-core: 102 pF/m
- Characteristic Impedance: ~110 Ohm (in balanced configuration); Allows AES-EBU standard digital audio transmission
- Insulation / Dielectric Strength / Test Voltage: Cores: PE; Jacket: Polyurethane / 300 Vrms min.
- Connector Types Suitable: Our RCA type C – 7.3; Neutrik XLR; Custom mountable on ordered lengths